Captain James Cook, Son of the land, Master of the sea
The series of paintings would not have been possible without the generous help and assistance of the following individuals and organisations.
Drawing of Captain Cook's Resolution at Christmas Harbour. By Robin Brooks
© Robin Brooks 2007
- Captain R. Campbell Royal Navy O.B.E.
- Lt Commander A. David, Royal Navy.
Chief Editor of the three volumes, 'The Charts and Coastal Views of Captain Cook's Voyages'.
- Bob Lightly - Model Shipwright, South Africa
- Brian Lavery - Naval Historian, UK
- Mark Myres R.S.M.A.
- Drusilla Furneaux
- Captain Peter Furneaux
- Michael Furneaux
- Philip Wride - Model Shipwright, UK
- The late David R. MacGregor M.A.
- Bruce Stannard - Australia
- Cliff Thornton - Captain Cook Society, President
- Captain A.D.M. Letty
- Gerry Clark M.B.E. New Zealand
- Dr N. & Dr C. Begg, New Zealand
- The late Admiral of the Fleet, Lord Lewin of Greenwich KG, GCB, LVO, DSC
- Eric Long - Plymouth Marine Studies
- The Scott Polar Research Institute - Cambridge
- The National Maritime Museum - London
- British Antarctic Survey - Cambridge
- Captain Cook Memorial Museum - Whitby
- UK Hydrographic Office (Taunton)
- The National Archives - Kew, London
- Ministry of Defence Naval Library
- The State Library of New South Wales - Australia
- The Musée de Tahiti et des Kes
- Christies - London
- The Hakluyt Society
Back to the top
More about Captain Cook's Voyages:
If you like Robin's new website,
Please note that the contents of this website, including all text, images, logos and titles, are covered by copyright law as shown by the symbol ©.
Images are copyright of the artist or Black Dog Studios, unless otherwise stated i.e. the copyright owner is acknowledged or the image is copyright free.
No part may be used without prior written consent, except for personal use. By personal use, we mean non-commercial domestic use by an individual, making a copy for study or record. Licensing - Some images on this website © Copyright Robin Brooks, © Copyright Kirsty Bonning can be licensed through The Bridgeman Art Library.
Copyright Information |