Captain James Cook
The Second Voyage 1772 - 1775
A series of marine paintings by Robin Brooks
Antarctic Regions, Icebergs and PenguinsThe series was begun in 1982, and each subject has been carefully researched. The inspiration for the paintings has in most cases come directly from extant records such as the Journals and Logs of the officers and men who sailed with Cook.
The photographic archive of the series of paintings is unfortunately incomplete. The examples shown here are more or less in chronological order. Further paintings will be added to the collection as they become available.
|Skip image links and go back to main navigation.|
...What happened next?
More about Captain Cook's Voyages:
- Introduction to the 'Captain James Cook' painting series
- Marine Paintings of Captain Cook's first voyage
- Summary of Captain Cook's first voyage
- Summary of Captain Cook's Second Voyage
- Marine Paintings of Captain Cook's second voyage: Leaving Plymouth
- Marine Paintings of Resolution and Adventure, and Captain Tobias Furneaux
- Marine Paintings of Cook's second voyage: Antarctic Regions, Icebergs and Penguins
- Acknowledgements to those who assisted Robin with his research